History of Sacred Heart School
The 17th Century brought the beginning of Christianity to this mission. The small Chapel dedicated to Master Dolorosa is a witness thereof. The present history commences from the time of Fr.K.joseph who constructed the Parish Church deticated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in 1921.After him Fr. M. F. Xavier, Thomas and Hayes each in turn guiding the destines of the Parish. Rev. Fr. Ter Beek of the Mill-Hill Fathers renovated the Chruch and founded many of the present existing Parish Associations. He was the first to start the Redemptorist Missions. Msgr. J.Puthet's time was a spiritual renewal. In the year 1953, Arakonam was under the Archdiocese of Madras came to be a part of Vellore, the new Diocese. Very.Rev. Fr.S. Ignatius, the Vicar General of the Diocese, took over the Parish from Msgr. J. Puthet and began constructing the Grotto. It was he who brought in the Bon Secours Sisters to establish their Convent cum school. Msgr. Menezes and after him Fr. Thomas George used the Double Decker extension for various activities of the Parish . He had renewed the Refectory too. He is the Founder of the English Medium School. Fr. Fernandes and the many assistants were all Praiseworthy for the contributions of their efforts to make the Parish, spiritually and socially, a real Parish among the other Parishes.
The Parish, totaling 3500 Catholics, is a beehive of activity with the Monastery and the Sisters' helping hand to the initiatives of the Parish Preist. For the whole of Arakonam Civil taluk Arakonam was the Ecclesiatical Parish. Fr. V.C Joseph and M.A Arockia Samy served the Parish one year each. From 1989-1998 Fr. K.K. Joseph served the Parish and there was a paradigm shift in the history of Arakkonam to construct the Present New Chruch which is the monument in the Arakkonam Town. To extend the education ministry, he has put up a New School building, Fr. John Durai served for seven years and constructed PTA Hall, Bell Tower and a Chapel at Itchiputtur. He invited the SMA Congregation to serve in our Parish. in the beginning they reside at Uliyambakkam to look after boarding,school and evangelization Ministry.
Fr. Nicholas served one year and he put up a gallery in the Chruch and a Grotto for St. Antony. He had renovated the presbytery too. From 2006-2013 Fr. Daniel served as his best. He was instrumental in building up Atchiriathukuria Arockia Annai Chruch with must difficulties. He gave a new shape to the play ground in the Matriculation School and he made partition in the Class Room. SMA Convent Residence shifted to Itchiputhur. In the Year 2013. Fr.S.Arulappan took charge as a new Parish Priest of Sacred Heart Chruch. Arakkonam and V.F. of Arakkonam Vicariate.